These are only additional tips that can be helpful to people who have cancer but it is still best to consult a dietician who specializes on cancer before they have weight loss due to their sickness. Try to eat five or six small meals a day than three big meals. Cancer patients needed more proteins
These are only additional tips that can be helpful to people who have cancer but it is still best to consult a dietician who specializes on cancer before they have weight loss due to their sickness.
- Try to eat five or six small meals a day than three big meals.
- Cancer patients needed more proteins than healthy people. It’s best to eat Peanut butter crackers, yogurt, fruits and hard boiled eggs.
- Drink water after meals to avoid filling up your stomach with liquids.
- Don’t force yourself to eat if you will only throw up it will only create aversion.
- Avoid food that is rich in fats or fiber because it will make your nausea worse and last longer
- White and bland foods such as cream of wheat, mashed potatoes, and cottage cheese will help control or lessen your nausea.
- Nausea can be lessened if fresh ginger will be eaten 30 minutes before eating your meals. Ginger capsules can also help.
- If your not feeling nauseated it is best to eat fruits and food that are rich in fiber to avoid constipation. There are cancer medications particularly pain killers that can cause constipation.
- If there is diarrhea it is best to eat banana, rice, applesauce and toast.
- It is best to consult your doctor before taking in over the counter dietary supplements. There are supplements that have undesirable effects if taken together with your medicine. In fact high dosage of ascorbic acid vitamin can worsen stomach problems.
- High protein and high calorie milk shakes and canned supplements can help sneak in extra nutrients aside from helping patients who have mouth sores.